Friday, December 27, 2013

Yuletide Blessings

Yuletide blessings to all of you!  Yule was on the 21st, I know, and I apologize for not posting these blessings on that day but I had family to visit and spend time with and it was the first Yule celebration with both my girls and my husband.

For those of you who are unaware I am a practicing Pagan, as is my husband and we intend on raising our children to be such, as well.

Yule for us is about being together, celebrating nature and the beginning of Winter.  Winter isn't a terrible thing to us, it's not something to be hateful of because of the cold and blowing snow.  We realize that it's necessary so that nature can renew itself in the spring.  It's a time to be near the ones you love and cherish what you have. 

Here's a little tidbit about Yule that is not only informative but heart warming, in my eyes anyway:

http://wicca.com/celtic/akasha/yule.htm

Now you don't have to be Wiccan or Pagan to celebrate Yule.  In fact, many of the Christian Christmas traditions are Pagan/Wiccan based.  Christmas trees, exchanging gifts, poinsettias, caroling, wreathes, the scents of cinnamon, bayberry and pine, eggnog, yule logs, fruit in your stocking, even Santa Claus himself, were all brought about by Pagan/Celtic traditions. 

Just some information for you to look at and think about while celebrating your holiday this year and maybe for years to come.

I hope you all have/had a wonderful holiday season.

                                                            Happy Yule!  


No comments:

Post a Comment