Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bathtime and How It's Changed

Bathtime, we all know it.  We've all done it at some point.  Some of our children love water right away, others have to be warmed up to the idea and still others are so terrified of bathtime that they literally scream as though you're trying to kill them as soon as you turn the tub on. 

It's hilarious really after you think about it for a while, they were swimming for 9 friggin months inside your womb and then not a mere 24 hours after they're born they are introduced to water that is so similar to the inside of your womb it's almost ridiculous how much they scream sometimes.

I'm writing this as I listen to my daughter cry her eyes out in the bathtub with daddy because he's washing her hair.  The simplest of joys for me is mere torture for her.  And I don't understand why, she does this every other day!

Scream at me if you want, all you perfect mothers who are so organized it's insane, because yes I bathe my daughters every other day.  Not every day, as most of you would want me to.  And there's a reason for that, you see my daughters have my skin, my skin is dry as all get out.  I mean really, sometimes my skin makes the Sahara look wet.  It's so gross.  I won't go on.  But anyway, they have that skin type already in life so I know that I have to lotion them up at least twice a day and I know that I can't bathe them every single day or their skin will dry out just like mine will. 

Anyway, back to bathtime.  My oldest daughter will play in the pool and splash water all over herself with not a tear shed all day long but the moment you go to wash her hair in the tub she turns into a screaming meamie.

What the difference is between the two, I'm not entirely sure, but whatever it may be it is obviously a huge difference for my little girl.  Her sister, my youngest, despises water just as much as my oldest, so screaming when encountering water isn't a new thing for me.  

I just find it curious how they change, since not more than 2 months ago I couldn't even run the tub water without my oldest running into the bathroom wanting a bath.  Now she's screaming whenever you wash her hair.  I don't know.  It's just another one of those little things that I have to look forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment