Monday, September 16, 2013

An "Average" Cold

I am currently suffering from what my doctor described as "just your average cold".  I laughed and said I didn't think so.  I have ear, nose and chest congestion, a hacking cough, a runny, snotty nose and my throat is sore.  I'm also beyond exhausted, have no motivation to even move and am still dealing with a seriously painful tooth. 

Yea, about that tooth. I went to get emergency services done at Marquette School of Dentistry, they take my state insurance, and I was informed that because my case says I still have private dental insurance that I haven't had for over four years now, they couldn't help me unless I gave them $88 that day, instead of only needing to pay a dollar or two with my state insurance.  So yea, effin pissed me off right there and my state insurance worker wouldn't answer the phone for me and has yet to return my phone call.  I just can't catch a break. 

Anyway, there is nothing average about this cold.  The "average" cold lasts between 3-7 days.  I have had this terrible cold for almost two weeks now and so have my daughters and my husband.  Average my ass. 

It's a tough cookie to swallow, having two sick kids and a sick husband while you yourself are ill beyond belief, as well.  I have been handling it as well as possible, though.  Got us some medicine, found the humidifier and have been turning it on, using the bulb syringe and the boogie wipes and the saline solution and tissues galore, washing hands and faces, using Lysol on sinks and knobs and doorhandles. 

I'm trying to keep this thing at bay so no one gets reinfected but I'm not sure how well I'm doing.  Yes, I'm doubting myself, it happens all the time.  As a mother, I think we doubt ourselves often.  Questioning your decisions, wondering if you made the right one or not. 

I'll continue to question myself as I sit here and sip my nice warm tea and hope to the gods that tonight I may just get some sleep and that tomorrow is a better day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment