Friday, March 8, 2013

Try As I May, I'm Just Not Blessed With Superpowers

You've all been there, I'm sure, those days where you feel like you're expected to be "supermom".  Unless you're blessed with one of those significant others (SO) who is more than willing day in and day out to help you around the house and with your little ones (LO) no matter what the situation may be, then you've been in my current set of shoes.  

He huffs and puffs and then gets up to do what I've asked because I'm so worn out or have nine other balls in the air at that moment OR he starts an argument about having to get up and be interrupted from what he's doing to do what I've asked.  Seriously?!

Do you realize how many times a day I am interrupted from something I am doing or have been doing to do something else for whatever reason?  I don't think he does.  I don't think he quite understands how often I DON'T get to finish something I started because something else needed to be done that was more important or more time sensitive.  I've tried time and time again to explain this to him, I really have but he just isn't understanding. 

Some days are better than others for me, since I'm 7 months pregnant it's bound to happen, but usually my back is constantly sore, my abdomen is constantly sore, my feet and legs are swollen and sore and I barely get any sleep.  Those things make for a difficult time of me even MOVING let alone getting up every five seconds when our daughter needs something from us.  And I do mean US, dammit. 

I'm not a superhero.  I never have been and I never will be. I know he sees that but sometimes I wish he would just appreciate and understand it better rather than make such a big stink about getting up to help out. 

Just one of those little things. 

1 comment:

  1. O hunny,I see where you're coming from. I may not have the pregnancy woa, but still hve my share of stressors I was dealing with. I try and help out as much as I can. But if you need more help I can tryharder

    ReplyDelete