Friday, March 8, 2013

I Wonder Sometimes...

I often sit and wonder what exactly it is that Life thinks I need to learn that I haven't yet or what it is that Karma is paying me back for.  Especially, with days like today and yesterday.

Yesterday, we had a big snow storm and I had six appointments I had to get to.  I succeeded in getting to all of my appointments on time and finishing up those errands but in between the last two appointments my fiance and I were hungry so we stopped at a local grocery store to get some sushi for something to eat, as we hadn't really had much to eat at all that day.  On our way into the store, there was a lot of snow and slush because of the storm and the floor was made of a very slippery tile.  The grocery store didn't have any of their mats or rugs down at all, anywhere, so with the added water from our shoes the tile was VERY slippery and we both actually slid a bit just walking into the store.

I made my way slowly to the restroom, across all of this slippery wet tile, only to find the bathroom had the same tiles and there were still no mats down.  Being 7 months pregnant my urge to relieve my bladder was strong so I pressed on despite having to baby step the entire way there and through the bathroom.

After using the facilities I began to make my way out of the bathroom only to slip in the water that had been tracked in on shoes and I slid a little before my feet went out from under me and I landed hard on my left side.

I already have back issues and am pregnant and this was just icing on the cake for a long and exhausting day. I made my way out of the bathroom to find my fiance waiting for me at the end of the hall. I explained to him what happened and he helped me walk to the sushi area and was watching me intently, asking if I was okay.  I had no idea if I was and told him so.  We picked out our food, paid for it and I decided I at least needed to inform them of the slippery wet tiles so no one else fell like I did.

The store manager was very nice about it all but he didn't even take my name down.  He also asked if I was okay and I told him I didn't know.  He said he would take care of the issue so no one else fell and we then left.

Halfway to my last appointment which was only a 10 minute drive from the store I decided to call the store manager so he could at least take down my name.  It was only then that he offered for me to come back and fill out an accident report.  I did so after my chiropractor appointment and asked that someone call me back from there department that handles these situations.

They called today during my sister's appointment so I set it up for them to call me back sometime tomorrow.   I really am at a loss as to what to do about all of this.  I have serious back pain issues as it is for lots of different reasons that I won't bore you with but that pain is always located on the low right portion of my back.  This new pain from the fall is all on the left side.  And boy does it hurt.  I have throbbing and stiffness in my left low back, left hip and thigh and left upper shoulder.  I also have some soreness in my low abdomen.

My OB, whom I saw today, said my belly would be stiff and sore for a couple of days because I did fall and jostle everything and she told me a few things I should watch for just to be on the safe side and what to do if they did occur.  So far, I haven't had any of those issues and I hope I don't.  I don't want to have this baby prematurely just because of a stupid wet floor that had no mats/rugs or even signs up!

Then, finally making my way home after my sister's and my appointments today, my fiance sends me a text telling me he is having severe chest and arm and neck pain.  I had no idea what to do since it wasn't letting up at all after I got home to him and gave him some Tylenol so off to the ER we went.

After spending FIVE HOURS in an ER that was barely busy because they had to run every test under the sun they could find related to all of his symptoms he was diagnosed with panic attacks, given a prescription and sent home with instructions to see his regular doctor sometime in the next week.

I am literally exhausted beyond exhaustion.  I am tired and sore and in pain and cranky and all of those other things associated with being seven months pregnant and not getting enough sleep and having to deal with all of these difficult and stress inducing issues.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my fiance is okay and it's nothing serious but five hours is just too damn long considering there were barely any other patients in the ER last night. 

It's not the family's fault this time but it's just another one of those little things.   I almost wanted to say, "Oh don't worry, I didn't need any downtime or rest after my long last two days.  I could spend another five hours in this hospital if you really wanted me to."  LOL  Not!  

No comments:

Post a Comment