Saturday, March 2, 2013

After Tired Comes Exhaustion But What Comes After That?

I barely slept again due to my pregnancy insomnia and a teething baby.  Really can't be helped but I've gone beyond tired and sleepy and pushed through exhaustion and am honestly wondering what the HELL comes after that? 

Whatever it is...that's what I am.  My mind is so fuzzy, my body is aching, my stomach is sore to the touch and my back is screaming in agony. 

Sounds like I'm whining a bit there but I'm just telling it like it is.  No sympathy required, don't need any, it's just been one of those days.  Those long and exhausting days where there were so many things that needed to be done and so you HAD to do them but the list was a mile long and after a long night of light, interrupted sleep it made the entire process of errand running absolutely draining. 

Grocery store, bill paying, Wal-Mart, Burlington Coat Factory for jeans for my sister and a very nice and inexpensive Easter dress for the baby all followed by the pharmacy and gas station with me being the only capable driver makes for an exhausted Momma, Daughter, Sister, Lover/Fiance. 

I did some research and came up with this.
Exhaust: Verb
1.  To drain of strength or energy, wear out, or fatigue greatly, as a person. 
2.  To use up or consume completely; expend the whole of.  

There are more definitions but you get the gist of it.  

Synonyms for "exhausted": 
all in, beat, bleary, bone-weary, bushed, crippled, dead tired, dead, debilitated, disabled, dog-tired, done for, done in, drained, effete, enervated, frazzled, had it, kaput, limp, out on one's feet, outta gas, prostrated, ready to drop, run-down, sapped, shot, spent, tired out, wasted, weak, weakened, wearied, worn, worn out.  

So there you have it.  That's what I am right at this moment.  With my eyelids growing droopy and my mind slowly shutting down, my body aching and my spirit just unwilling to continue with this day I shall say adieu and goodnight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment