Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Who needs a sex life?

Becoming a parent is tough enough for a couple but going from having sex whenever you felt the urge to whenever you have the time, because your child really does come first, is a tough pill to swallow.

My fiance and I are highly sexual individuals.  Before the birth of our daughter we had sex at least four times a day, if not more.  Now we're lucky if we get it once a day and twice is just fantastic!  LOL

It's hard though, when you feel that urge and all you want to do is mount your man or woman, whichever, and go at it but your child is awake and kicking and screaming or playing and doesn't want to be alone in their playpen, they want your attention. 

Being hypersexual, a condition often suffered from by people who have mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, which my fiance and I both have, is difficult enough but when you don't get your "fix", so to speak, you can get cranky and irritable with the ones around you, including your children. 

It's very often hard to cope and you find yourself snapping at everyone for no good reason other than you're sexually frustrated and there is nothing you can do about it right at that moment.  It's even harder explaining that to your loved ones, especially your kids.  They won't understand and shouldn't have to.

It's just one of those things I deal with on a daily basis.  Just like I deal with my moods flipping practically every hour, I deal with this and have learned to cope.  Some days are easier than others, of course and I relish in those days.

Today, was not one of those days, it was not an easy day.  I was horny beyond belief this morning and my daughter was wide awake and giggling and happy and playing with Mommy and Daddy and I just didn't have the heart to put her in her playpen and leave her there to play by herself so I could attend my own needs.  Not only did it not seem fair to her, it just seemed wrong on so many levels.

So I waited.  And I waited.  And I waited some more for her to go down for her nap.  She fought it tooth and nail this morning, staying up for five hours before finally deciding to give it up and take a nap and by then I was ready to attack my fiance.  Thankfully, he was more than willing to oblige me.

It was a glorious release when I finally did get to take care of my needs and just that one time has held me over all day so far.  I doubt I'll be up for round two before I sleep since I'm 7-1/2 months pregnant and my belly is so big and full of baby that it gets sore after just ONE round. 

I hate having to turn my fiance down when he's being all romantic and loving and trying to seduce me but today is just one of those days where my body can't handle more and I'm not really needing it either. 

I realize that some of this may be a bit TMI for you but it's just another one of those little things that I feel the need to blog about and therefore I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment