Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's the little things really

That's right.  We all have them and know them.  The little annoying things your family members do that absolutely drive you mad.  I've decided to start this blog to share and remember just those things. 

For instance, today my 8 month old daughter somehow managed to leak through her diaper in a matter of two hours.  TWO HOURS.  It's a regular size three Target brand diaper.  I've never had this issue with these diapers before.  In fact, I buy the Target brand diapers because they're fantastic for their price. 

Anywho, Daddy decides to go get her because she's whining in her pack and play, tired of playing by herself and in need of some attention.  Not more than two seconds after walking into her room I hear him say, "Why are you wet?  You're soaked from head to toe!"  She is giggling of course because daddy is talking to her and making funny faces.  He continues, "How did you get all wet?  OMG It's all peepee! But it's only been two hours!  I don't understand but I can't deal with this." 

He comes back into our room and says to me with a weird look of disgust on his face, "Honey, I just can't deal with that.  She is covered in pee from head to toe.  I don't know how or what to do." 

Ummmm...dude, it's pee.  It's just PEE!  At least she isn't covered in POOP from head to toe! 

My response, "Seriously?  Honey, it's just pee.  At least it isn't poop.  Please bring her here and take all of her wet stuff from her bed downstairs." 

He comes into the bedroom carrying her under her armpits and holding her out away from his body.  I couldn't help but giggle.  Men.  LOL 

He still can't change a poopy diaper to this day without gagging.  And I'm pregnant with our second child.  It's going to be interesting times for me if he can't get over some peepee disasters.  The last time she had a poopy disaster where it was coming out all sides of her diaper he put the diaper back on and brought her to me, gagging the entire time. 

These are the little things I'm talking about, the annoying little things.  He can't change a diaper or handle a peepee disaster. 

And trust me, there are and will be many more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment